- RT @DanaBenbow: Shut up! Indiana ranked third rudest in the nation indy.st/12GOut0 ~ so much for the Hoosier Hospitality 1 day ago
- One of my fears is my kids going on a bus trip and and the bus gets in an accident. My heart goes out to all involved with #fieldtripcrash 1 day ago
- RT @Skinnymomchall: it's summer what's your favorite grilled food. I love grilling burgers with grilled pineapples! ~Ahi Tuna and asparagus 3 days ago
- I had my lunch packed and ready but I left it at home. I am blaming @KBbootcamps and his workout for making me fry my brain. 3 days ago
- Happy Mother's Day to all the great moms out here. May your day be Happy Happy Happy 6 days ago
From losing to living
Tag Archives: tacky jacks
June 18, 2012Posted by on
I am back from Panama City Beach, Florida. Not that I really want to be back but, sometime you have to do things you don’t want to do. It was a great time and even a little bit relaxing. At least in my life, my family (kids) dominates most of the decisions. If they are happy, I am happy. For those of you with young kids you know what I mean. So, most of the food choices were made with their happiness in mind. I don’t travel for work. I don’t go on week end trips. And this is actually our first family vacation. I can handle eating “bad” food for a week. Why does bad food taste so darn good? Twinkies and Nutella are pretty yummy. We went out to eat 6 of the 7 nights and I did not eat one salad. I also had my fill of Coconut Rum and something called lime-a-ritas. Nothing on this vacation fell in my healthy diet, but I didn’t go on vacation to eat healthy. I eat healthy so I can go on a vacation and not feel totally guilty of eating unhealthy.
I did run quite a bit while I was there. I love running new places and my phone was pretty neat too. I listened to an internet radio thingy called Jango and my CadioTrainer tracked my runs, told me how far I had run and how fast. Pretty awesome a “phone” can do that. It seems the phone part of a smart phone is the smallest part of the phone anymore but, that is another topic I am not going to get into.
Friday 6.6 miles
Sunday 5.5 drunken miles…:)
Monday 4.5 miles
Wednesday 4.5 miles
Thursday 6.2 miles
Friday 3 miles (in the rain)
That is a total of 30.3 miles that I ran while on vacation. All in all the vacation was fun. Now I am getting back to my healthy ways so I can splurge again at some point in the future.