- #NeverForget twitter.com/ryan_kelly70/s… 2 weeks ago
- #HurricaneIrma2017 VS #HuricaneAndrew1992 #Pray twitter.com/JoelNihlean/st… 2 weeks ago
- Good pick @dannyanderson23. Joy by @MattRandall22 was on point. #yep 3 weeks ago
- In 1988 I would buy my own pre-game breakfast at Waffle House on Fridays. Now HS athletes get 3 or 4 meals catered to them. #BackToTheFuture 3 weeks ago
- Dang it @ShannonSaldana this isn't the first time you hooked me on food https://t.co/lgxGmQZmXx 3 weeks ago
From losing to living
Halfway There – 151.2 LBS
April 2, 2012Posted by on
I am halfway done with my competition. I have just recently gotten into this blog thing. It is pretty neat to see that most of the people that are switching to a healthier lifestyle have the same bumps and bruises. I wish I would have measured more things than just weight. I think there will come point that my weight will stay the same (fingers crosses) but, other areas will continue to improve. Although I never measured my waist, I have had to move my belt holes 2 spots today. Maybe it’s because the shirt I have tucked in is thinner or maybe my belt is stretching. I am definitely one notch smaller. I started this on February 20, 2012 at 169.6 pounds. Now I am at….drum roll please….151.2 pounds. That is 18.4 pounds in 6 weeks. I think my wife hates me for it. She says it’s easy for guys to lose weight. I know I have had to work pretty hard for it and sacrificed a lot of eating out too. That’s another reason my wife hates me. We haven’t gone out like we used to. It’s not that I haven’t gone out. We used to go out Friday and Saturday nights and then possibly to a yogurt place or something like that on Sunday. To be honest she has been great and is a big supporter.
I know goals are good to have but, I never really set any up. My goal when I started was to win money by having the most percentage weight loss. I am somewhere around 10%. I think I am in 2nd place. Now, I am going to shift to making some goals. I even listed some on some comments I made on some of the blogs I read.
- No Alcohol – (yard work isn’t as much fun anymore)
- Drink Water and Green Tea
- No Binge Snacking (at night)
- Continue a Fast Day
- Cardio 5-7 days
- Strength 3 days
- Find a good banana protein shake
I just noticed how messy this room is. I have kids. Sometimes cleaning up toys in the basement gets pushed way down on my to do list.