- If something dies in my car, how long does the dead smell linger? #HypotheticallyMeaning of course. 2 days ago
- Buying gluten free foods because they are healthier and sucking on electric cigarettes might be the 2 dumbest things ever. #PeopleAreStrange 1 week ago
- The only think I don't like about sunny warm spring days...nevermind I'm not that crazy. I love them. #SorryNeighbors #ShirtlessDay 1 week ago
- Have I missed this yet? People seem to cast blame on others. Has President Trump been blamed for the #Marsh stores closing? 2 weeks ago
- My bathroom stall is SO dark, I can't read the phone numbers to call for a good time. 2 weeks ago
From losing to living
April 4, 2012Posted by on
Where to begin? I started loseitbig as a way to log my progress through my relatively short competition to lose more weight than others at work. I didn’t know how addicting this could be. Reading others’ journeys, struggles, as well as successes, have made me want to do a little more here. I am not very graphical or creative so, I doubt I will have fancy pictures of my food or workouts or anything else for that matter. Well I guess I have the self-taken pictures of me. Have a look at my Progress page. Please feel free to critic my pictures positive and negative. I am a big boy I can handle it. What I hope to blog about are topics that have popped up along my journey of getting healthy. So, instead of one entry a week I hope to get a few more.
Wednesdays are my fast days. The reason I chose Wednesday is because my wife takes my 3 kids on a play date on Wednesday evenings. That leaves me alone to fend for myself. So, I choose not to eat also meaning no dirty dishes (I hate dishes). I read almost nonstop. When I read, like my hearing, it is selective. So, sometimes I stop reading after I read what I want. I read an article in Men’s Health magazine about having a fast Thursday. I stopped reading. It has to be good if it is in a “health” magazine, right? I read that fasting every once in a while untrains the body how it uses stored energy. I didn’t read the cons of it but, I figured I would try it out. It’s not too bad. I drink tons of water and green tea on this day. The only time that I miss the food is when I take my vitamins. About 15 minutes after swallowing, I feel nauseous. That feeling goes away after 30 minutes. I think that is enough of my randomness. I don’t want to make these very long. Our minutes are too precious to spend reading this.