- Before you can hate, you have to know what you liked. 4 days ago
- I'm a failing #HumanExperiment Workout everyday. Eat healthy. Trumped by genetics but,I'm committed to this experiment #EveryRightToComplain 1 week ago
- Thanks kids. I was just informed #TheDab is almost as dumb as #DuckFace pictures. I'm too old for both. #LessonLearned 1 week ago
- Many seek it, others are offended. I'm neither but, it was nice to get a little bit of attention. 1 week ago
- If I had beer I might break 100, or at least not care that I can't. 3 weeks ago
From losing to living
April 4, 2012Posted by on
Where to begin? I started loseitbig as a way to log my progress through my relatively short competition to lose more weight than others at work. I didn’t know how addicting this could be. Reading others’ journeys, struggles, as well as successes, have made me want to do a little more here. I am not very graphical or creative so, I doubt I will have fancy pictures of my food or workouts or anything else for that matter. Well I guess I have the self-taken pictures of me. Have a look at my Progress page. Please feel free to critic my pictures positive and negative. I am a big boy I can handle it. What I hope to blog about are topics that have popped up along my journey of getting healthy. So, instead of one entry a week I hope to get a few more.
Wednesdays are my fast days. The reason I chose Wednesday is because my wife takes my 3 kids on a play date on Wednesday evenings. That leaves me alone to fend for myself. So, I choose not to eat also meaning no dirty dishes (I hate dishes). I read almost nonstop. When I read, like my hearing, it is selective. So, sometimes I stop reading after I read what I want. I read an article in Men’s Health magazine about having a fast Thursday. I stopped reading. It has to be good if it is in a “health” magazine, right? I read that fasting every once in a while untrains the body how it uses stored energy. I didn’t read the cons of it but, I figured I would try it out. It’s not too bad. I drink tons of water and green tea on this day. The only time that I miss the food is when I take my vitamins. About 15 minutes after swallowing, I feel nauseous. That feeling goes away after 30 minutes. I think that is enough of my randomness. I don’t want to make these very long. Our minutes are too precious to spend reading this.