- Before you can hate, you have to know what you liked. 4 days ago
- I'm a failing #HumanExperiment Workout everyday. Eat healthy. Trumped by genetics but,I'm committed to this experiment #EveryRightToComplain 1 week ago
- Thanks kids. I was just informed #TheDab is almost as dumb as #DuckFace pictures. I'm too old for both. #LessonLearned 1 week ago
- Many seek it, others are offended. I'm neither but, it was nice to get a little bit of attention. 1 week ago
- If I had beer I might break 100, or at least not care that I can't. 3 weeks ago
From losing to living
April 18, 2012Posted by on
Today, I OD on water and green tea. Throughout this competition, I have picked Wednesdays to fast. Not sure why but, I read in an article that a fast every now and then will help re-train the body how to use its stored fuel. I thought it would be harder than it is but, really it doesn’t bother me as long as I stay busy. As a bonus it’s nice to see the scale on Thursday morning. It doesn’t stay at that number once I start eating again.
My normal workouts have been alternating long runs (50-60 minutes) with some sort of total body, upper body, or core circuit and follow that with a 20 minute run. Last night I decided I will start the Shaun T Insanity Workout. My wife has started them and gave me the quick steps to begin it. I am not sure how the Insanity Workout works but, it starts with a Fit Test. This gives you a baseline. Then you take the test again every 2 weeks and hope to see your numbers improve. Here are my numbers:
- Switch Kick – 113 – I think this was a bad count (should be lower). I was not kicking high enough.
- Power Jack – 52
- Power Knees – 61
- Power Jump – 33
- Globe Jumps -10
- Suicide Jumps – 15
- Pushup Jacks – 23
- Low Plank Obliques -32
I was really sweating after this 30 minute Fit Test. I have a feeling I may die after I do the real workouts. I still plan on running at lunch for 30 to 60 minutes and then doing this when the kids go to bed at night. My ultimate goal of this is to try to get some definition/toning in my body. I am weird I will try anything once or a lot more.