- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
A Little Bit Sore
April 20, 2012Posted by on
Shaun T is kicking my butt and I think it’s bruised. I have said before I am weird but, I kind of like that muscle soreness that comes a day or two after a new workout. It’s that type of ache like you have a Charlie horse in places…well for me just about everywhere. I have finished day three of Insanity. I have yet to do a whole work out without stopping at some point. This is a crude brief overview how the work out goes. You start with a “warm-up” – I need to do a warm up for Shaun T’s warm-up. Without stopping you do the same warm-up 2 more times both increasing intensity. A 30 second water break is offered after about three minutes or so. That is barely enough to catch my breath let alone get a drink. I think we stretch after that. I am not a stretcher but, I am trying. The older I get the less stretchy I am so, usually, I don’t do it. Then he changes and does a bunch of different stuff (do you like my description…stuff). Always moving your feet, squatting, jumping, touching the ground, types of pushups. This is all new to me so he will yell out a certain move and I have to stare at him while he does it a few times. This is not dancing (I can’t dance either) but, some of these moves need more coordination than I have. So, I am tired, sweating and totally lost at what he is trying to make me do. I guess when you see the people on the TV quitting and walking off it is re-assuring that this is pretty tough and to stop if you need to. Maybe it’s by design but, by the end of the workout, it is going so fast that I forget that I am tired. That has been the work outs so far. Hopefully, I will catch on to the language and I will find some coordination.
I have a feeling I am going to ruin my carpet from all of my sweat. I know pretty gross, huh? I am not sure if it will help or not but, I think I am going to go the sexy route and buy some head and wrist sweat bands.
My competition is coming to the end. I have about 3 weeks left. I am second place….grrrr. I am most likely going to do stupid things to help my numbers drop on the scale. This is the first stupid thing. I am still running 3-8 miles daily and now this Insanity thing daily. I guess I am insane.