- If something dies in my car, how long does the dead smell linger? #HypotheticallyMeaning of course. 2 days ago
- Buying gluten free foods because they are healthier and sucking on electric cigarettes might be the 2 dumbest things ever. #PeopleAreStrange 1 week ago
- The only think I don't like about sunny warm spring days...nevermind I'm not that crazy. I love them. #SorryNeighbors #ShirtlessDay 1 week ago
- Have I missed this yet? People seem to cast blame on others. Has President Trump been blamed for the #Marsh stores closing? 2 weeks ago
- My bathroom stall is SO dark, I can't read the phone numbers to call for a good time. 2 weeks ago
From losing to living
A Little Bit Sore
April 20, 2012Posted by on
Shaun T is kicking my butt and I think it’s bruised. I have said before I am weird but, I kind of like that muscle soreness that comes a day or two after a new workout. It’s that type of ache like you have a Charlie horse in places…well for me just about everywhere. I have finished day three of Insanity. I have yet to do a whole work out without stopping at some point. This is a crude brief overview how the work out goes. You start with a “warm-up” – I need to do a warm up for Shaun T’s warm-up. Without stopping you do the same warm-up 2 more times both increasing intensity. A 30 second water break is offered after about three minutes or so. That is barely enough to catch my breath let alone get a drink. I think we stretch after that. I am not a stretcher but, I am trying. The older I get the less stretchy I am so, usually, I don’t do it. Then he changes and does a bunch of different stuff (do you like my description…stuff). Always moving your feet, squatting, jumping, touching the ground, types of pushups. This is all new to me so he will yell out a certain move and I have to stare at him while he does it a few times. This is not dancing (I can’t dance either) but, some of these moves need more coordination than I have. So, I am tired, sweating and totally lost at what he is trying to make me do. I guess when you see the people on the TV quitting and walking off it is re-assuring that this is pretty tough and to stop if you need to. Maybe it’s by design but, by the end of the workout, it is going so fast that I forget that I am tired. That has been the work outs so far. Hopefully, I will catch on to the language and I will find some coordination.
I have a feeling I am going to ruin my carpet from all of my sweat. I know pretty gross, huh? I am not sure if it will help or not but, I think I am going to go the sexy route and buy some head and wrist sweat bands.
My competition is coming to the end. I have about 3 weeks left. I am second place….grrrr. I am most likely going to do stupid things to help my numbers drop on the scale. This is the first stupid thing. I am still running 3-8 miles daily and now this Insanity thing daily. I guess I am insane.