- Before you can hate, you have to know what you liked. 4 days ago
- I'm a failing #HumanExperiment Workout everyday. Eat healthy. Trumped by genetics but,I'm committed to this experiment #EveryRightToComplain 1 week ago
- Thanks kids. I was just informed #TheDab is almost as dumb as #DuckFace pictures. I'm too old for both. #LessonLearned 1 week ago
- Many seek it, others are offended. I'm neither but, it was nice to get a little bit of attention. 1 week ago
- If I had beer I might break 100, or at least not care that I can't. 3 weeks ago
From losing to living
Not so Fast
April 26, 2012Posted by on
Yesterday was my fast day. I have written about it before. I have no clue if it is helping but, I know according to the pounds on the scales it isn’t hurting. I am doing a lot of other stuff along with my one day of fasting like exercising and eating healthy (to an extreme). I got home from work yesterday and turned on The Doctors. They answered a question about fasting a day after eating all sorts of bad food and if that was good for you. They answered that of course it is not good for you. That when you eat the bad food it breaks down into your bloodstream as Trans fats, the bad cholesterol, yada, yada, yada. Don’t forget I have a very selective attention span and I am no doctor. Then when you fast your mitochondria, your “cellular power plants” do not get the memo to run at full speed and slow down. This leaves all of those bad Trans fats and bad cholesterol stuck in your blood until they start building up making dams in the vessels. I know this just doesn’t happen in one day and it’s not even that simple but easy enough for this dumb guy to understand. For me my fasting isn’t due to the bad eating. It’s due because I read it once. I know when you stop feeding your body a lot of its processes slow done. I want my metabolism to keep going. In order to keep my metabolism up at its highest I need to feed my muscles. Muscles burn a lot more calories than fat. So, to keep my muscles happy, I need to feed them protein.
If anyone is still here reading this, are you asleep? Long story short. After watching The Doctors and exercising, I had a protein shake. I think next week instead of doing a total fast, I will have a few protein shakes just to feed my muscles. Will it do anything different? I have no clue but, I am just a daily experiment.