- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
May 22, 2012Posted by on
I have switched up my workouts a little bit, actually, a lot a bit. I was running every day during lunch and then doing Insanity in the evenings when I got home from work. I have found that sense I am not heavily committed to the Biggest Loser Competition at work I have lost the desire to work out in the evenings when I am tired. To fix this I have started to get “Insane” in the morning and then lift weights at lunch. I still have the urge to run so, I am running on Wednesdays and on the weekends.
With that being said I have entered my 2nd month of Insanity. It is an hour long video of a lot of exercises that I struggle to do. I have to wake up at 4:00 AM to make sure I still have time to shower and dress before work. At around 2:00 PM, I do my weight lifting at work. I believe Insanity is a lot of cardio, a lot of lower body, and some whole and core body exercise. Right now I have set up my weight lifting to biceps, triceps, shoulders, and chest. I know there are other body parts but, this is what I am trying out right now.
Switching when I exercise has brought some pros and cons of the schedule. The pros for getting started early in the morning is that I get it done and out of the way. As long as I can get my lazy butt out of bed, I won’t have any excuses not to do Insanity. This gives me time to do my daily chore of laundry in the evenings. I have 3 kids so yes it is daily. This also frees up the much needed spring/summer evening yard work time. Now on the flip side, since I am not going to exercise at night, I have found it easier to eat/snack while doing these other chores. Eating is my downfall. I really like food and I think I eat just because I can. Exercising makes me thirsty not hungry. This is just my thoughts on this new schedule. When do you like to exercise? Do you see pros or cons when you do exercise?
On a side note, I mentioned in an earlier post that I lacked a camera phone and nor did I text. For Mother’s Day, I bought my wife a smart phone. I had to get one too (I couldn’t let her out do me). So, what that means is that I have no excuse not to post pictures of my food or of my unscenic running routes. I may not know how to get them from my phone to these posts but I will work on that too. And feel free to text me…I might be able to figure out what the heck my phone is buzzing about. Smart phones don’t make their owners smart.