- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
July 12, 2012Posted by on
I started my lonely blog as a way to chronologically track my progress in my Biggest Loser Competition. On those lines it worked to help keep me motivated. I mean I was posting half naked pictures of myself for the whole world to see, as if the world cared about my blog. Anyway, I am done with the competition and I did end up winning $170 which is more than enough to take all of my great followers out to lunch. Maybe I just made that up and all the money is gone now. My last weigh-in recorded me at 131 pounds. I hadn’t seen the 130’s in…actually I was probably in middle school or starting high school and I never weighed myself so, I am not sure I had EVER seen that number.
Using my scale’s fat percentage number as a reference, I went from 22 % to 12 % body fat. I was doing about 2 hours’ worth of cardio every day and restricting my food intake probably to an unhealthy level but, like I said all along, it’s a competition not a lifestyle change. During the competition, I learned of healthy lifestyle changes and now I am adjusting my learnings to my everyday health.
Now I have added a weight training to replace one of my cardio trainings. And since I have a fancy phone I have been able to log my runs using an app called CardioTrainer. In less than a month I have run over 100 miles. I have also put on 10 pounds of muscle.
Actually, it’s not 10 pounds of muscle. It is that I am now hydrated with a little bit of muscle added. My weight now fluctuates between 142 and 144 pounds at 14-15% body fat. I think it’s a head thing. I want to cut weight but, still gain muscle. I am eating quite a bit of protein to help gain muscle. I am also taking Creatine, a naturally amino acid found in muscles. I am not expert on that but it helps give muscles potential to grow. This supplemented creatine causes extra fluid so; it’s not uncommon to gain 4-6 pounds in a week.
This is what I am doing now. I am TRYING to eat clean but, I love junk food. I am also going to try out a 100 pushup challenge with my oldest son. So, my posts will differ a little by not so much me posting about my weight loss and progress to more of my weird or plain daily life.
One more thing…I ate my first tomato from my garden yesterday.