- Wow, look at the blue and pink cotton candy sunrise with a rainbow topper. I would look but, I'm driving. https://t.co/2VqJiJXHSN 8 hours ago
- I care as much about your 10 concerts as you do about my hang nail on my big toe. 17 hours ago
- 4 lanes open & you tailgate me? Wish I had Mario Kart banana peels. Settled for windshield overspray & I get flipped off. #PeopleAreAwesome 2 days ago
- I've been trying to feed it but, it won't eat anything & I'm making a mess. What is it trying to perform anyway?… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Takes 3 days of wearing the same pair of jeans to make them fit.As long as I don't spill anything, I found my favorite. #Going4AWeekStraight 4 days ago
From losing to living
Running with my Phone
July 20, 2012Posted by on
I am one of the last people to switch to a “smart” phone. I have talked about phones before. I still believe phones should be used as that, as phones. With that said, I have been relying on my phone to track my runs. My past few runs my phone’s GPS failed. One run was logged at something crazy like I was running 9 mph for 40 minutes. Another said I burned 900 calories. I knew both of these were false and made me hate my runs. I was mad at my “smart” phone and it ruined (in my head) good morning runs. I have been fine without this fancy technology for many, many, many years. Now I am depending on it to tell me how fast, how long, how far, how many calories, etc. Does it really matter? I am doing the same thing I am just not able to see the numbers. Well, I couldn’t give up on it. This morning the GPS worked and I ran 6.2 miles in 50 minutes and burned 600 calories. See…numbers…yeah!
That was enough bashing my phone for now. I was able to figure out how to load music on my phone. Now when I start Cardio Trainer my music starts and shuffles thru my songs. I even get to hear Cardio Trainer tell me my numbers. WOW, fancy. Anyway it got me thinking of the different kinds of music I listen too. Here is a list of my music that I have loaded:
- Neil Diamond
- Kenny Chesney
- Katy Perry
- Third Day
- Miley Cyrus
- Zac Brown Band
- Trick Daddy
- Britney Spears
- Warren G
Go ahead and make fun of me all you want.
Nothing beats running 6 miles before 5 AM, except running 6 miles behind an old car’s leaky exhaust fumes delivering papers while running side by side to stinky trash containers (trash day is Friday) and listening to music and my phone telling me how fast, how long, and how far. Today is going to be great.
PS…on a side note many thoughts and prayers to the people in Colorado that wanted to see a movie…mean people suck.