- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
Phone App Vs Watch
August 23, 2012Posted by on
First off, thanks to all of my great friends that commented on my race dilemma. Still not exactly sure what I will wear. Hopefully, I will figure it out by September 15 or I may not be wearing anything (ewww!).
I guess my title is an Applications Developer. That means I sit on my keester and peck away on a computer all day. You would think being a computer programmer that I would be a tech geek. I am far from that. Actually I am anti-technology. I wish we could all go back in time before we had all of these things that made our lives “easier”. That isn’t the point here. This is me at work:
It’s kind of hard to see but, this is me in my cubicle looking at two monitors (actually I stare out the window). Can you see the little mirror? I like seeing who is walking up behind me so I put a small mirror between the monitors. I also, wear headphones all day. Sometimes with music or sports radio and other times nothing at all. It’s just a way to detour people from trying to have a conversation with me. After writing this, I am realizing I am not a geek I am just plain weird. The picture shows some tweets that just happened to pop in at the same time I took the picture. I guess that brings me around to what I was going to talk about.
I like twitter. I don’t post much. I am a huge football (American) fan so, I follow mostly news people that are tend to talk about football or sports. Now back to my easing into technology. I found out my phone app called CardioTrainer if linked to my twitter will tweet the results of my run. Here it is from this morning:
@kwasson123: just ran 6.5 mi in 50 mins 13 secs on 8/23/12 at 4:16 AM #cardiotrainer
WOW…technology. I am trying. Feel free to follow me @kwasson123.
I am not good at tweeting because I am too long winded or worded (see this post). The main purpose of this post is to ask for some help. Another new (at least to me) piece of technology is a watch that is linked up to a heart rate band thingy. So, after my run this AM, the CardioTrainer logged me at burning 720 Calories but, my watch said 354 Kcal. I am kind of dumb so, I need help from all of you smart people. Which one is right? Here is a little more info about me to help you help me. I am 40 years old and 143 pounds. During my run my heart was beating on average 160 beats per minute (says my watch). I ran for 50 minutes. How many calories did I burn? Should I go with my watch or with the CardioTrainer?
P.S. I hope my Florida readers are safe and ready for anything that Isaac may bring.