- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
September 19, 2012Posted by on
I am like most people, busy. When you have a family with kids and sports and work and school and, well you get the picture, it’s hard finding time to exercise. For me the only way to have time for exercise is to make time. My made time has been at 4:00 in the morning before everyone including the sun wake up. Also, I eat lunch while working at my desk, so I can spend my lunch hour in our exercise room at work. That is my made time. I am getting ready to start a new routine that starts at 5:15 am and not 4:00 am.
My wife accepted an invitation from her friend to attend a Kettlebell Bootcamp open gym on a Saturday morning. She really liked it but,cannot make the times through the week so she pushed me to do it. My wife is great. Now I get to work out in the mornings while she gets the kids ready for school and herself ready for work (I get the better end of the stick here). My work schedule is a little more flexible. I will just have to stay a little longer in the evenings.
The schedule for Kettlebell Bootcamp is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 5:15 to 6:00 am. Of course, I am excited and nervous. I have been needing an extra kick in the butt to take me to the next level. I am not sure what level I am looking for but, I just seem to be doing the same thing day after day. I run 4-7 miles every morning and then do arms, back, shoulders, chest, or legs workout during lunch. I am staying kind of healthy but, I am getting bored too.
So, my plan for October 1st to December 29th is to continue to eat like I am which is relatively “healthy” during the week but, go to a restaurant on the weekends without feeling guilty. My hope is that these high intensity yet short exercises will help me add muscle, define some abs, and lose some fat (kind of sounds like what everyone wants, huh?). I may need to up my calories. I am guessing the first few weeks of KB bootcamp will make me sore but, I am still going to try to do something in the exercise room at work. For me this isn’t about losing weight, which is kind of why I started my blog, I mean look at the blog name. I plan to post a picture (dead sexy) along with some measurements about every two weeks. I think I will measure weight, right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg, waist and chest. Anything else I should measure? If I could I would do a real body fat percentage. I have a read out on my scale but I am not sold on it.
I think this is about it. I will post my first measurements sometime next week before I start my bootcamp.