- Someone told me he wasn't wearing anything under the towel. I had to see for myself. #PeytonStatue https://t.co/sW8s9hLzS7 1 week ago
- The commercials at Lucas Oil Stadium are awesome. The backup QBs supporting Manning is awesome. #ThankYouPeyton #sfvsind 1 week ago
- Two days in a row now I've heard Men At Work's "Down Under". I've never had it but, I'm hungry for a Vegemite sandwich. #FeedMe 1 week ago
- Did @dannyanderson23 just quote @SnoopDogg 's Gin & Juice. "my mind on my money And my money on my mind" #RappingPastor #ILoveMyChurch 2 weeks ago
- #NeverForget twitter.com/ryan_kelly70/s… 1 month ago
From losing to living
September 24, 2012Posted by on
For the handful of helpful followers I have, you have and will kind of know more about me that you probably want to. No secrets left behind but, we are all family (in a weird way) so I hope it doesn’t bother you too much. My main goal for eating healthy and exercising is not really to extend my days here on this earth but, to look good naked. I know selfish, right? I just want be able to look good when the family heads to the beach or maybe when my wife looks at me when I get in or out of the shower (I don’t think she even looks now). I really have no clue what that has to do with this post. I guess I just wanted to share.
I kind of love this time of year. Football is in full swing from high school, to college, and to NFL. The thing I do not like is the colder weather. I have taken pride for the past few months starting in March I have been getting up at 4:00 am to run. Yes it was 40 degrees when I started then but, I had been used to the colder winter weather. Now it is 40 degrees but, I have been used to the warmer summer weather. Going from hot to cold makes the cold feel colder and lately my bed feels warmer at 4:00. My alarm goes off and I have the outdoor temperature flashing on my ceiling. I am kind of weird about time and weather. I like having clocks everywhere and I am always checking on the weather. Bad for me! When 37 degrees is flashing it’s really hard for me to get up and go running. I even have my clothes laid out. Don’t laugh…I have some Capri type thermal pants. Yes they are women’s. I am short and guys’ thermals or tights are baggy in the crotch and don’t fit right. Those are worn under a pair of jogging pants. Then I put on a couple of layers for my top. I have a hat and gloves right there in the pile. I just can’t wake my lazy butt up. It has been over a week since I have run. I guess I am waiting for my Indian Summer. I guess that is my excuse but, next week is when I start my Kettlebell Bootcamp. My baseline picture and measurements later this week may be a bit comical. No more excuses. I forgot to mention staying up too late watching football and tailgating all day on Sundays. My boys went to the Colts game with me yesterday.
Time to start trying to help myself look good naked (I may need a mask and another body…it is Halloween time).