- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
Skinny People Habits
September 25, 2012Posted by on
I follow Men’s Health Fitness @MHFitter on twitter. In a tweet they linked to an article by By David Zinczenko with Matt Goulding called 20 Habits Skinny People Live By. You can go there to get all the specifics but I thought I would write my little victories on each of the habits if have one.
1: Eat an early dinner – I always eat early because I am always hungry and I don’t like waiting in line if I go out to eat.
2: Weigh yourself daily – there is a scale on the floor where I hang my towel. Post shower ritual.
3: Eat a boring diet – WOW this is me. The same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. Oatmeal with protein powder, spinach salad, cottage cheese, tuna, tomatoes, and Greek yogurt
4: Reward yourself – I think I reward myself a little too much.
5: Read diet and exercise tips – I am constantly reading these. I follow a bunch on twitter and read many blogs.
6: Eat breakfast – yep Oatmeal and protein powder…sometimes eggs on the weekend
7: Take snack breaks – you should see my desk…apple and a red bell pepper right now
8: Drink water – People think I am doing something else in the bathroom but 120 oz. of water has to go somewhere.
9: Order a la carte – OK…I lose. This must be why I am not skinny. But in my defense I rarely go out so, when I do it’s more like my reward (#4) and I am not doing a la cart.
10: Choose whole grains – I am constantly reading labels for 100% whole grain as the first thing listed in the ingredient list.
11: Eat spicy food – this is usually one of my snacks. I make my own salsa and try to make it supper hot. I eat this on everything. I posted about this.
12: Sleep for 6 to 8 hours each night – I hit this even when I get up at 4:00am.
13: Manage stress – I am pretty good with this. Except when new things come up like kettlebells but, I don’t freak out about it.
14: Take the stairs – It’s a long way up to the 600 level of the Colts’ games.
15: Chew thoroughly – I have never really thought about this. I have never choked so; I guess I chew up everything.
16: Walk after meals – we try to do this with the kids on their bikes or we are off to practices.
17: Keep healthy food on hand – easy at work a little more difficult at home but popcorn and yogurt are always with in my reach.
18: Learn to take a joke – I have to laugh and if it is at the expense of something that has happened to me the better. Nothing better than being able to laugh at yourself.
19: Eat protein – the first thing I look at on labels is the amount of protein.
20: Avoid dinner distractions – I get so upset when anyone has their iPod or phone at the table.
If it weren’t for number 9 (ordering a la cart), I would be skinny. At least I have something to work on. Go check out the article it is better than my rambling.