- #NeverForget twitter.com/ryan_kelly70/s… 2 weeks ago
- #HurricaneIrma2017 VS #HuricaneAndrew1992 #Pray twitter.com/JoelNihlean/st… 2 weeks ago
- Good pick @dannyanderson23. Joy by @MattRandall22 was on point. #yep 3 weeks ago
- In 1988 I would buy my own pre-game breakfast at Waffle House on Fridays. Now HS athletes get 3 or 4 meals catered to them. #BackToTheFuture 3 weeks ago
- Dang it @ShannonSaldana this isn't the first time you hooked me on food https://t.co/lgxGmQZmXx 3 weeks ago
From losing to living
October 2, 2012Posted by on
Yesterday I started my kettlebell bootcamp and it kicked my butt. I used to think I was coordinated but, I struggled to do the kettlebell exercises correctly. I wanted to squat when I was supposed to hinge. I was lifting with my arms and not popping with my knees and hips. I will get better. I was able to go home and study some You Tube videos on proper form. I just hate feeling like I have no clue what is going on. It’s a packed class too so, the instructor doesn’t have much time to work with me. However, I was lucky enough to be paired up with someone who knew what she was doing and was willing to help this old guy. I did work up a sweat and today my legs are sore. It’s the good sore that comes from muscles being used that don’t get used in the way that they we used (wow, that was confusing).
My bootcamp is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I didn’t plan this very well but, I also have a 5 mile race this Saturday. I have a feeling my legs are going to be Jell-O by then. During lunch yesterday, I was able to run 4 miles but, my delayed onset muscle soreness didn’t start up until now. My plan is to run 6 miles at lunch today. It will either help or hurt. On the other hand I am excited about my run. I get to have a run date with me wife. The kids will be home with a babysitter. The run is at a winery so at the end, we get to have wine….bonus.
I did take measurements prior to my bootcamp and I will post them on my Bootcamp page. I will update the page with progress measurements and pictures about every two weeks. I spared you a beginning picture for no other reason than I was too lazy. People that read this have seen the pictures of me even after Captain Morgan. Should I wear those same shorts in the progress pictures?