- Before you can hate, you have to know what you liked. 4 days ago
- I'm a failing #HumanExperiment Workout everyday. Eat healthy. Trumped by genetics but,I'm committed to this experiment #EveryRightToComplain 1 week ago
- Thanks kids. I was just informed #TheDab is almost as dumb as #DuckFace pictures. I'm too old for both. #LessonLearned 1 week ago
- Many seek it, others are offended. I'm neither but, it was nice to get a little bit of attention. 1 week ago
- If I had beer I might break 100, or at least not care that I can't. 3 weeks ago
From losing to living
Dazed and Confused
October 12, 2012Posted by on
I originally said that I was going to update every two weeks with progress pictures and measurements. I don’t think this is going to happen. I have just finished week number two of my Kettlebell Bootcamp with mixed emotions. Sometimes I am so lost trying to figure out what we are doing other times I am doing something that doesn’t seem to be doing anything. I am in a class that probably accepted a dozen or so too many people. Too many people have made it crowded and hard to hear the instructions. Another thing that has made it tough for me is that it is a mixture of rookies (me) and experienced kettlebellers. I am guessing this also makes the experienced ones a little upset when we have to do the “basic” training exercises when they want the “advanced” exercises. The experienced ones also are supposed to help the rookies out. I have been lucky enough to be paired up with a couple of good ones but they didn’t sign up to help me. Sometimes we go to stations and I have no clue what to do or where to do them or for how long. I am not giving up but, I hate this slow start. I guess I was hoping I would wake up a little more sore. I have been sore but not too bad. My legs were sore but, I never really worked them that much besides running and running isn’t hitting the same muscles used in squats and lunges.
Another confusing part of the past two weeks is my weight. Prior to KB camp I was running in the morning for about an hour (6-8 miles a day) and then I was weight training during my lunch break (30-45 minutes). Change is good. I know that. I was told this kettlebell would easily take the place of both of those workouts. In my mind I swapped the weights and runs now. I do KB Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings and during my lunch I am running on the treadmill (only 30-45 minutes). I am still trying to run every day. My diet hasn’t changed much. I am a simple person. I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. My dinner changes some but, is still reasonable. RAMBLE RAMBLE…I have gained 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks.
I really doubt I am adding 7 pounds of muscle. Here are some things that have changed:
- I am only running 3-4 miles not 6-8.
- I have added Creatine Monohydrate. This might make me retain water.
- My protein powder is a Whey Isolate, Casein, and Hydrolyzed Whey mixture.
Here is a question: When you have going through Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS), do you retain more water, and junk while your body is trying to rebuild the muscle?
Sorry about this long written post. I doubt anyone will even get through all of my ramblings. Maybe next week will be better.