- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
Looking Back and Going Forward
January 7, 2013Posted by on
I was thinking nothing really happened last year. Then I thought I did start this blog. I went back through and realized that I did do something last year. I started this blog in February (wow almost a year). This was just a way to keep track of my attempt to lose weight for a competition at work. Since it was a weight loss blog I had to swallow my pride and post some half naked secret photos of myself. The first ones are scary but, I stuck with it and faithfully posted pictures about every week or so.
I learned that eating clean and healthy actually made me feel better. Towards the end of the year I also learned that I really love food and sometimes bad food outweighed the way good food made me feel. I learned my normal day to day weight isn’t 130 pounds where I finished nor is it 170 pounds where I started. It is somewhere in-between. I am at 150 pounds right now. I am not really happy about it but, I am not going to kill myself for it either.
I set some goals to run some races. I ran 3 races last year with my best one a 10 K that I finished in 45:40. I ran 2 other shorter runs with my wife and that was fun as well but, not as competitive.
I also, started lifting weights more and actually have fallen in love with Kettlebell Training. I started this in December and I have just started a new session today.
Now going into 2013, I will continue with my Kettlebells. Being in my early 40’s, I plan on staying a little stricter on my food. If I did in my 20’s what I do now in my 40’s, I may have been cute with a great body. Now I just have to try harder. A goal that I have started is to read my Bible every day. I have tried this before but, I am a slow reader and sometimes I just don’t understand the language. So, I am doing our church’s One-Year New Testament Challenge in 2013. It should be shorter reading on a daily basis and I can look up stuff that I don’t understand. I will do this one. I am still running every day and plan to run a few more races and may even try to do one of those cross training, mudder, ultimate warrior type of a race.
I also plan to update something on here once a week or so. Hopefully something fun and exciting things will happen for me to write about.
Cheers to a great year in 2013.