- If something dies in my car, how long does the dead smell linger? #HypotheticallyMeaning of course. 2 days ago
- Buying gluten free foods because they are healthier and sucking on electric cigarettes might be the 2 dumbest things ever. #PeopleAreStrange 1 week ago
- The only think I don't like about sunny warm spring days...nevermind I'm not that crazy. I love them. #SorryNeighbors #ShirtlessDay 1 week ago
- Have I missed this yet? People seem to cast blame on others. Has President Trump been blamed for the #Marsh stores closing? 2 weeks ago
- My bathroom stall is SO dark, I can't read the phone numbers to call for a good time. 2 weeks ago
From losing to living
January 28, 2013Posted by on
Another day off of work, yeah. I could get used to this. I was supposed to clean the garage Friday but, I didn’t do that until today. Now I have to wait for the Heating and Air guys to come and work on my heater. They were supposed to be here the first thing in the morning, grrr. I guess their mornings are different than mine. I hate waiting but, now you get to see what is up with me.
A co-worker of my wife told her that she was going to do a Totally Fit Life program and wanted to know if she wanted to join with her. The meetings conflicted with my wife’s schedule but, said she would look into it. Upon discussing this with me and her co-worker she decided she would follow along with her but, not attend class. The good news is I get the benefits as well. I get to try a new eating plan and hopefully my wife will get bitten by the health bug. She is healthy but, sometimes we have a few too many cheat meals. When cheat meals become the main meals I don’t think they can be called cheating anymore.
We decided to start this Sunday. I was hoping for one last cheat meal of pizza. As a couple it’s easier to change our food together and since I told her I would do this with her, no more pizza. Well the first 10 days of this is called boot camp. We have to exercise everyday and they prefer it to be done early morning on an empty stomach. No problem for me this fits my schedule most days. The food part is going to be a bit tricky for me. No sugar, no alcohol, mostly water, and low glycemic foods. I am not used to measuring foods using their glycymic index. To make this easier for me, I will problem just stick to my chicken, eggs, and fish. Then for the other “good” foods I will eat whatever my wife says is ok to eat according to the guidelines. She took a lot of measurements of herself and we both weighed in Sunday. My weight, gulp is 155 pounds. I took some measurements a couple of months ago so I will just stick with those.
On a side note I wrote up a small little leg routine that I did with my oldest son. I am going to whip him into shape. The workout consisted of wall squats, lunges, planks, calf raises, alternate leg raises and some jumping jacks. I felt some burn while doing it. Nothing to bad. I just hope he was able to walk today.