- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
January 28, 2013Posted by on
Another day off of work, yeah. I could get used to this. I was supposed to clean the garage Friday but, I didn’t do that until today. Now I have to wait for the Heating and Air guys to come and work on my heater. They were supposed to be here the first thing in the morning, grrr. I guess their mornings are different than mine. I hate waiting but, now you get to see what is up with me.
A co-worker of my wife told her that she was going to do a Totally Fit Life program and wanted to know if she wanted to join with her. The meetings conflicted with my wife’s schedule but, said she would look into it. Upon discussing this with me and her co-worker she decided she would follow along with her but, not attend class. The good news is I get the benefits as well. I get to try a new eating plan and hopefully my wife will get bitten by the health bug. She is healthy but, sometimes we have a few too many cheat meals. When cheat meals become the main meals I don’t think they can be called cheating anymore.
We decided to start this Sunday. I was hoping for one last cheat meal of pizza. As a couple it’s easier to change our food together and since I told her I would do this with her, no more pizza. Well the first 10 days of this is called boot camp. We have to exercise everyday and they prefer it to be done early morning on an empty stomach. No problem for me this fits my schedule most days. The food part is going to be a bit tricky for me. No sugar, no alcohol, mostly water, and low glycemic foods. I am not used to measuring foods using their glycymic index. To make this easier for me, I will problem just stick to my chicken, eggs, and fish. Then for the other “good” foods I will eat whatever my wife says is ok to eat according to the guidelines. She took a lot of measurements of herself and we both weighed in Sunday. My weight, gulp is 155 pounds. I took some measurements a couple of months ago so I will just stick with those.
On a side note I wrote up a small little leg routine that I did with my oldest son. I am going to whip him into shape. The workout consisted of wall squats, lunges, planks, calf raises, alternate leg raises and some jumping jacks. I felt some burn while doing it. Nothing to bad. I just hope he was able to walk today.