- #NeverForget twitter.com/ryan_kelly70/s… 2 weeks ago
- #HurricaneIrma2017 VS #HuricaneAndrew1992 #Pray twitter.com/JoelNihlean/st… 2 weeks ago
- Good pick @dannyanderson23. Joy by @MattRandall22 was on point. #yep 3 weeks ago
- In 1988 I would buy my own pre-game breakfast at Waffle House on Fridays. Now HS athletes get 3 or 4 meals catered to them. #BackToTheFuture 3 weeks ago
- Dang it @ShannonSaldana this isn't the first time you hooked me on food https://t.co/lgxGmQZmXx 3 weeks ago
From losing to living
February 4, 2013Posted by on
Kettlebell Workout – 6 minutes each exercise (40 seconds on 20 seconds off)
- Snatch (20 seconds per arm)
- Figure 8 Swings
- Press (20 seconds per arm)
I used a 25 pound kettlebell for the first 5 minutes then used a 35 pounder the last one.
Finisher – 5 minutes each
- Battling Ropes
- Assorted Abs
I am just about done with the first phase of my “diet”. My boys call it a diet because we wouldn’t go out to eat at BW3’s and didn’t have any fun stuff to eat during the Super Bowl. To me it really isn’t a diet. This program follows a low glycemic index food type of eating which in turns to be my normal way of eating. I have stayed honest and not had any sugar and other types of bad carbs. That is where the word “diet” really comes into play. When I know I am to follow a strict guideline I don’t cheat. Normally, I would have eaten that last bite of corn dog or would have had a cup of the kids’ sugar, fat, and fruit loaded smoothie they made for the game. Now I just threw it away. Since I am doing this with my wife, we both said no.
Along with this diet we are supposed to workout 10 days straight to go along with the low GI foods. Again, this is not really new to me except I usually take Sunday off. Sundays are my days to get caught up on laundry and a little (very little) house cleaning. Since I am following a “Totally Fit Life” program, I dug out one of my Insanity videos. Again, this kicked my butt. A perfect photo op of me dying in a soaking wet shirt. I am a horrible picture taking person. When I weigh in after my 1st phase, I promise to post a picture just in case you forgot what my ugly mug looks like.