- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
Following My Wife
February 7, 2013Posted by on
So, my wife and I have made it through the first part of the “Totally Fit Life” program. This program is being hosted at a local church. We are not actually paying for the program. We are just following some of my wife’s co-workers who are in the program. So, pretty much I am just following what my wife says. I am such a good hubby. This program is more than just a diet. It’s about a lifestyle change building on faith, diet and exercise.
The diet portion uses the glycemic index. Which is kind hard to compute but, I figured out is pretty much no sugar and low carb (but good ones). They give you a chart with three columns the first column is green (low GI). The second column is yellow (medium GI). The last column is red (high GI). As you can imagine the foods in the green are good to go, yellow food caution, and the red foods you should stop and think before you eat them. This first part we were to stay in the green. I pretty much had eggs, fish, chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, peppers, onions, chick peas, beans, mushrooms, protein powder and water. I should have taken a picture of my dinner or lunch.
The exercise portion they wanted you to work out 10 days straight. I am not real sure why exactly but, maybe this was just to get you used to working out or getting into a habit of exercising or of a way of not thinking about eating sugar. I changed my workouts up some. I love running not really because it’s good for me but, just because I like to see, smell, and feel the outside. That being said the treadmill has gotten a bit old. So, now on top of my Kettlebell Bootcamp for total body workouts, I am doing an elliptical machine for a fast 20 minutes and then strength training one part of my body per day for 20 minutes.
The faith part of the program I really have no idea what they are doing for this. They might meet for devotion or something before they have the group work out. I am not sure. I am still keeping up with my daily reading of the New Testament. I just finished reading about when the Son of Man is going to come back riding the clouds of heaven with all of his angels. It sounds pretty scary but, I and ready and will have my camera.
Speaking of a camera, do you know how hard it is to try to take pictures of yourself with a four year old wanting to know WHY? Why do you have your shirt off? Why does the camera keep going off? Why do you keep deleting the pictures? Why can’t I be in the pictures? Sometimes, you just can’t win. I am better taking pictures when I am messing around as opposed to self-posing.
After the first round of the program I lost 4 pounds. I am down to 151 pounds. I will just keep following what my wife says and see where this ends up. Sorry, I ramble a lot.