- Someone told me he wasn't wearing anything under the towel. I had to see for myself. #PeytonStatue https://t.co/sW8s9hLzS7 1 week ago
- The commercials at Lucas Oil Stadium are awesome. The backup QBs supporting Manning is awesome. #ThankYouPeyton #sfvsind 1 week ago
- Two days in a row now I've heard Men At Work's "Down Under". I've never had it but, I'm hungry for a Vegemite sandwich. #FeedMe 1 week ago
- Did @dannyanderson23 just quote @SnoopDogg 's Gin & Juice. "my mind on my money And my money on my mind" #RappingPastor #ILoveMyChurch 2 weeks ago
- #NeverForget twitter.com/ryan_kelly70/s… 1 month ago
From losing to living
February 20, 2013Posted by on
Today is Lose It Big’s first blogoversary. I started this blog a year ago as an online diary of a weight loss competition I entered at work. Here is my first post (The Journey Begins 169.6 lbs) and not one comment (boo). During the time of our Biggest Loser Competition, my posts were simply a recap of the previous week, my weight, and a picture of me. Although I still despise pictures of me, I am able to look back and see the changes I made in pictures which is a big inspiration in itself. I finished my competition a winner by losing almost 23% of my weight check it out (Final – 131.0 LBS).
Why do I keep blogging?
After blogging about my competition, I kind of got hooked on this blogging thing. I am in no means any sort of expert in exercise or diet. I found out that if I push myself with exercise and eating healthy that I could change my appearance. I found that I really like lifting weights and running. I found that I like eating all sorts of food that I read people talk about on their blogs. I found that I like the friends that read my blog and that I follow. I found that we all have the same day to day life struggles with family, work, exercise, and time. I also found my lowest weight is not my normal weight…I like eating way too much.
The later part of Lose It Big has kind of just been a hodge podge of sometimes boring life. I am still big into exercise and eating. Every once in a while, I will post my workout or maybe what I eat. I have even talked about some of my crazy kids. I have (and probably again) posted under the influence of Captain Morgan.
I rarely weigh myself anymore but, as of this morning I am 149 pounds. In a month I will be heading to Florida for spring break so, I guess I need to work on getting back into my speedo.
Now onto the fun stuff. Over the past few weeks a few bloggers have nominated me for an Inspirational Blogger award. I know I am taking the easy way out of this by just writing it in one post but, at least I am getting around to it. I follow all of these blogs and they are more of an inspiration to me than I can be to anyone but, I thank you all for thinking I can be a little bit of an inspiration.
Here are the rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 things about yourself (things you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask)
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
We Shall Have Pie…2 Girls running for pride and pie
FitBit’s blog…For all things fitness, nutrition, and positivity related
ErinHasThoughts (and some are really out there)
It has begun, Challenge 2013
Check them out. You will see they all have a common theme…Food and Exercise
Things about me
- I love cooking but, I hate doing dishes…those conflict
- My attention span is worse than a child’s…Look squirrel.
- If time wasn’t an issue I could run all day…I am serious. I have gotten lost while running. I think it relates to number 2. I forgot I was running.
- My favorite movies are Dumb and Dumber and Vacation…I listen to them at work at least once a week.
- When I say I am going to do something, I mean it…See my Biggest Loser Competition and now I am about 2 months into daily reading the New Testament.
- I am a huge sports fan. My favorite teams are Indiana University and the Indianapolis Colts.
- It hurts me so bad to watch my sons struggle in sports…sports are natural to me so, why can’t they get it.
I follow so many great blogs. I have decided to nominate some the newer blogs I have started following.
- Ms. Sick Of Being Fluffy
- Too Big To Fail
- Operation Skinny & Fit
- *~ Fat Panda Slim ~*
- 2013 Fit Plan
- STRONG is the new SKINNY
- In Pursuit of Fitness
- Fast Workouts at Home
- Confessions Of A Fitness Lover
- Bestversionoflc’s Blog
- Shape Up, Samantha!
- Coffee With Sabrina
- Goodbye, Fatty!