- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
March 1, 2013Posted by on
This morning’s workout was going great until my coach saw me doing my dead lifts. He told me I was rounding my back. I need to keep my chest up, shoulders back and keep my back straight or I would hurt my lower back. I thought I was doing that so, I concentrated on doing what he said and BAM! There went my lower back. I have always had problems with my lower back. I can’t even sleep in my Sleep Number Bed without waking up with my back hurting but, my nights sleeping on the couch is fine…go figure. On a side note my wife probably likes I am not sleeping with her. I wandered off topic. I do not doubt my form for my dead lifts were bad but, I think I concentrate on my core to protect my back. When I switched to try to concentrate on other things the coach told me, I guess I forgot to protect my back. So, now I am trying to keep my back from stiffening up. That is hard to do when I sit in front of my computer all day. I have a Thermacare HeatWrap on now and keep getting up to stretch. I hope it won’t keep me from working out.
I follow a lot of blogs that show pictures of some awesome food. I always say I am going to try to make it but, I rarely do. Why? I really hate cleaning up. I have no problem making stuff. I like to cook but, I just really don’t like cleaning dishes especially when there are dishes in the drying rack already. I go to the extreme on this. I try not to take the last bit of leftovers in the fridge. Why? Because if I take the last bit I will have to wash the dish that it was being stored in. See, I am bad. But if I get my wife to make something, I am totally devouring it. I even help make it. Brings me to what we made over the weekend. She made pancakes. We are trying to eat better – no sugar, no white flour, no white bread, the bad white stuff yada, yada, yada. These pancakes were from a pin on Pinterest…she is becoming an addict. I can’t remember the recipe exactly but it was something like:
- 1 C – rolled oats
- 1 C – fat free cottage cheese
- 6 – egg whites
Put those in a blender and blend until smooth.
Wow. I wanted to use these as buns for my chicken breasts or my tilapia fillets. I ended up putting peanut butter on them and eating them that way. I was totally shocked at how much they really tasted like pancakes. I wanted to add some protein powder to it but found out these were already high in protein with some good fiber to boot. My next post might be exactly what I eat every day. Hint…no pancakes. I am pretty boring.