- If something dies in my car, how long does the dead smell linger? #HypotheticallyMeaning of course. 2 days ago
- Buying gluten free foods because they are healthier and sucking on electric cigarettes might be the 2 dumbest things ever. #PeopleAreStrange 1 week ago
- The only think I don't like about sunny warm spring days...nevermind I'm not that crazy. I love them. #SorryNeighbors #ShirtlessDay 1 week ago
- Have I missed this yet? People seem to cast blame on others. Has President Trump been blamed for the #Marsh stores closing? 2 weeks ago
- My bathroom stall is SO dark, I can't read the phone numbers to call for a good time. 2 weeks ago
From losing to living
March 11, 2013Posted by on
My schedule has been changed again. Today, is usually my cardio day during lunch. Since I ran about 5 miles yesterday, I will be ok with missing my Monday elliptical session. My number two kid is sick and we decided it to be best he stay home and rest. I drew the short straw and get to be his slave for the day. But speaking of kids, I went shopping for a swim suit over the weekend. After browsing in the Men’s Department at the over priced swim trunks, I decided to look in the Boys’ section.
I have always hated being small. Through high school, I was never taller than 5’6″ and never more than 140 pounds. I NEVER used it as an excuse it was more of a motivation, especially, playing sports. I was blessed with over average skills and a love for playing sports. With the motivation of being the small guy, I was able to compete at a high level (as far as high school goes). Probably, even better was that when I went to college and played in the recreational leagues, more times than not, I would get the worst player guarding me. By the end of the game I would be matched with one of the other teams best players.
I digress, this is the happy part about being small. I was able to fit in a boys size XL swim suit. The prices are a lot cheaper and there was a bigger selection. Score one for the small old 41-year-old wearing boys sized clothes.