- Before you can hate, you have to know what you liked. 4 days ago
- I'm a failing #HumanExperiment Workout everyday. Eat healthy. Trumped by genetics but,I'm committed to this experiment #EveryRightToComplain 1 week ago
- Thanks kids. I was just informed #TheDab is almost as dumb as #DuckFace pictures. I'm too old for both. #LessonLearned 1 week ago
- Many seek it, others are offended. I'm neither but, it was nice to get a little bit of attention. 1 week ago
- If I had beer I might break 100, or at least not care that I can't. 3 weeks ago
From losing to living
March 11, 2013Posted by on
My schedule has been changed again. Today, is usually my cardio day during lunch. Since I ran about 5 miles yesterday, I will be ok with missing my Monday elliptical session. My number two kid is sick and we decided it to be best he stay home and rest. I drew the short straw and get to be his slave for the day. But speaking of kids, I went shopping for a swim suit over the weekend. After browsing in the Men’s Department at the over priced swim trunks, I decided to look in the Boys’ section.
I have always hated being small. Through high school, I was never taller than 5’6″ and never more than 140 pounds. I NEVER used it as an excuse it was more of a motivation, especially, playing sports. I was blessed with over average skills and a love for playing sports. With the motivation of being the small guy, I was able to compete at a high level (as far as high school goes). Probably, even better was that when I went to college and played in the recreational leagues, more times than not, I would get the worst player guarding me. By the end of the game I would be matched with one of the other teams best players.
I digress, this is the happy part about being small. I was able to fit in a boys size XL swim suit. The prices are a lot cheaper and there was a bigger selection. Score one for the small old 41-year-old wearing boys sized clothes.