- Someone told me he wasn't wearing anything under the towel. I had to see for myself. #PeytonStatue https://t.co/sW8s9hLzS7 1 week ago
- The commercials at Lucas Oil Stadium are awesome. The backup QBs supporting Manning is awesome. #ThankYouPeyton #sfvsind 1 week ago
- Two days in a row now I've heard Men At Work's "Down Under". I've never had it but, I'm hungry for a Vegemite sandwich. #FeedMe 1 week ago
- Did @dannyanderson23 just quote @SnoopDogg 's Gin & Juice. "my mind on my money And my money on my mind" #RappingPastor #ILoveMyChurch 2 weeks ago
- #NeverForget twitter.com/ryan_kelly70/s… 1 month ago
From losing to living
March 25, 2013Posted by on
After the 9 inches and counting of snow we are getting here in Indiana, I am ready to head to Florida. What I am not ready for is the 15 to 16 hour drive with three kids. Anyone want to guess how long into the trip the question of “Are we there yet?” gets asked? Like father like kids, their attention span is pretty much non-existent. I just hope that staying with my in-laws in their small condo won’t dampen
my our vacation. Normally, my ideal location in Florida would be a place right on the beach. To get to a beach we will have to drive about an hour. With kids at various ages, I like the freedom of hanging out at the beach but if they get bored we can go back to the condo or pool. We will not have that luxury but, we WILL still have fun.
Another thing I will miss is the local restaurants, the ones on the beach that have fun names and stores where you can buy shirts. I hope to drive to one at least once or twice. I guess the positive thing about that is that I might actually force myself to eat close to normal most of the time.
The retirement community, where we will be, does have a nice exercise room. I am not sure I will have access to it since I will be a guest but, I hope I can use it. I know I will need some time away so, hopefully, it’s the gym and some running.
Whatever happens I get to sport my new swimsuit. It’s a good thing the suit is not the speedo bikini type. I am not sure the retired people would be ok with that but, everyone needs a good laugh and why not laugh at me?