- I'm getting smarter and hungry. Both are killing me. #FoodDeliciousScience is a great show I found on #Netflix My… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- When I taste tequila @DanAndShay I think of Mexico. Warm weather, Sun, Beaches. Good thing I'm drinking tequila now… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- This is so true and the way our social society is nowadays. Doesn't mean I have to like it but, if I choose to exis… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Wireless Internet, Wireless Charging, Wireless Headphones, Wireless Bras. I hate technology. #MindBlown 2 weeks ago
- The difference between wanting and achieving is self discipline. I keep looking for mine in the Cap'n Crunch box. #CerealPrize . 2 weeks ago
From losing to living
March 25, 2013Posted by on
After the 9 inches and counting of snow we are getting here in Indiana, I am ready to head to Florida. What I am not ready for is the 15 to 16 hour drive with three kids. Anyone want to guess how long into the trip the question of “Are we there yet?” gets asked? Like father like kids, their attention span is pretty much non-existent. I just hope that staying with my in-laws in their small condo won’t dampen
my our vacation. Normally, my ideal location in Florida would be a place right on the beach. To get to a beach we will have to drive about an hour. With kids at various ages, I like the freedom of hanging out at the beach but if they get bored we can go back to the condo or pool. We will not have that luxury but, we WILL still have fun.
Another thing I will miss is the local restaurants, the ones on the beach that have fun names and stores where you can buy shirts. I hope to drive to one at least once or twice. I guess the positive thing about that is that I might actually force myself to eat close to normal most of the time.
The retirement community, where we will be, does have a nice exercise room. I am not sure I will have access to it since I will be a guest but, I hope I can use it. I know I will need some time away so, hopefully, it’s the gym and some running.
Whatever happens I get to sport my new swimsuit. It’s a good thing the suit is not the speedo bikini type. I am not sure the retired people would be ok with that but, everyone needs a good laugh and why not laugh at me?