- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
Creature of Habit
April 17, 2013Posted by on
If anyone follows this blog you have heard me say that I am a creature of habit. I guess that makes me pretty much a boring person. I figured I would explain my weekly routine. The only part of a schedule on the weekend is that my weekends are so chaotic that I consider them a habit of chaos. At least I know it’s going to be chaos.
Monday through Friday I pretty much do the same thing. This is so exciting I thought I would write about it so you can see the inner me. I know scary, right? Don’t fall asleep!
- I wake up at 4:40.
- Brush my teeth and splash water on my face.
- Dress for Kettlebell workouts in the front room so, I don’t want to wake anyone else up.
- Compression shorts
- Outer shorts
- Old shirt with my work logo (I don’t want to ruin good clothes and they don’t make cute workout clothes for guys and I doubt cute clothes would help this ugly mug)
- Socks and Shoes
- Drink my pre-workout drink at 4:55 on my way to my workout.
- Swing, snatch, pull, squat, etc. a kettlebell from 5:15 to 6:00.
- Back to home and throw matching clothes into the washer (darks or whites) and set the washer to wash in 8 hours.
- Swallow some BCAA’s.
- Shower, deodorant, body spray, and get dressed.
- Fix my infamous Vanilla Latte with 2 scoops vanilla protein powder and coffee and another large travel mug of black coffee.
- Grab my lunch from the garage fridge.
- Head to work by 6:30.
- 8:00 eat an egg.
- 10:00 eat plain DRY old fashion oatmeal with a half scoop of vanilla protein and a small handful of flaxseeds.
- 11:30 eat Lunch
- Spinach or Spring Mix Salad
- Leftover veges and/or couscous or quinoa
- Salad Dressing – lately it’s been Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing. Other times it’s Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- 1:15 pm workout at my office’s gym.
- 20 minutes elliptical between 9 and 10 mph.
- 20 minutes quick arms, chest, back, shoulders, or legs strength workout – rotate through the week.
- Shower and dress again
- (Sometimes I run for 45 to 50 minutes if it’s nice outside.)
- Swallow some BCAA’s.
- Back to my desk by 2:15.
- Another infamous Vanilla Latte. Only one scoop of Protein Powder.
- 3:00 Fat free non-flavored Greek yogurt with frozen fruit.
- 4:00 driving home while eating sunflower seeds.
Once I am home my schedule is a little less structured but, it is pretty much the same every night. I put the laundry in the dryer. I snack on way too many nuts until I eat whatever my wife makes for dinner. It’s usually fish or chicken with vegetables and some sort of “good” carbs. Then it is off to some sort of practice for the kids. Back home again to fold the laundry, pack my lunch, put workout clothes in my car for work and set out clothes for the morning kettlebell workout. Read my one year New Testament Bible. (Yes, I am still doing my new year’s resolution.) I am usually asleep by 10:00pm.
This is my daily week schedule in a long winded nutshell. On the weekends I am horrible with my food choices. I usually go to a Saturday Kettlebell class and try to get some sort of run in on Sunday of about 5 miles. I am ok with my bad food choices on the weekends because I know my week schedule is only a couple of days away and my food choices are pretty good then. So, now you know all of my dirty little daily secrets…Actually, they aren’t secret nor are they dirty but, I AM a creature of habit.