- I'm getting smarter and hungry. Both are killing me. #FoodDeliciousScience is a great show I found on #Netflix My… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- When I taste tequila @DanAndShay I think of Mexico. Warm weather, Sun, Beaches. Good thing I'm drinking tequila now… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- This is so true and the way our social society is nowadays. Doesn't mean I have to like it but, if I choose to exis… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Wireless Internet, Wireless Charging, Wireless Headphones, Wireless Bras. I hate technology. #MindBlown 2 weeks ago
- The difference between wanting and achieving is self discipline. I keep looking for mine in the Cap'n Crunch box. #CerealPrize . 2 weeks ago
From losing to living
Monthly Archives: May 2013
May 30, 2013Posted by on
I think I may have talked about this before. When I forget my towel, paper towels come in handy after a workout and a shower at work. I can’t say they come in handy if I forget my underwear. It tends to bunch and bind in the wrong places. What should I do?
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK
4 rounds for time:
25 Double Leg Raises
25 Mountain climbers
25 Russian Twists ( make sure you are touching your hands to the ground each time)
After completing all 4 rounds of the above exercises…50 Burpees
My time was 12:54.6.
May 20, 2013Posted by on
I have been slacking but, I really have not had much to say. Yes, I have had 2 workout of the week that I didn’t post so, here they are:
- 4 rounds for time: My time was 10:03.7.
- Push-ups x 10
- Squats x 20
- Alt Leg Raises x 30
- Jumping Jacks x 40
- Plank Holds x 50 seconds
- 21-15-9 reps for time: My time was 1:30.8.
- Jump squats
- Push ups
I wrote about my wife and Pinterest in this post, Social or Not So Much. Well she is not quite addicted but, over the weekend she found this on Pinterest, The Military Diet and wants to try it. It pretty much is 3 days of strict dieting and then 4 days of eating anything within reason. Has anyone tried it? It claims you can lose 10 pounds a week. Normally, I would try it with her because it is always easier to stay on a diet when your significant other is doing it with you. Ten pounds in a week and you are supposed to eat hotdogs and vanilla ice cream sounds a little too good to be true. She is all in and I will support her and if she does lose 10 pounds, I will join her eating hotdogs and all. For now, I will just keep eating my salads, veges, fruit, eggs, chicken, fish, and protein lattes.
May 1, 2013Posted by on
I have been slacking in my running department lately. This has to do with me wanting to lift more weights, loving the calf burn from 30 minutes on an elliptical, and just not wanting to run on a treadmill. Yesterday was gorgeous outside so; I figured I could catch some rays and burn some calories. I ran almost 5 miles in 45 minutes. My legs felt like they were full of lead when I stopped running and to think I almost bought a bib to run a 13.1 miler this weekend…so glad I didn’t do that. I thought I would be able to pick up right where I stopped about a month or two ago. I feel I am good shape but, maybe starting at 13 miles is a little asinine.
We just got our workout of the week (WOW) from coach.
10 push ups
20 reverse lunges (10 right / 10 left)
30 mountain climbers (total)
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes. Your total score is the number of complete rounds plus the number of reps completed of the exercise you ended on. Example: 7 complete rounds plus 15 reverse lunges.
This made me sweat. I am not sure how I stack up against everyone else but, seeing as I was dripping wet, it must have been a good workout. I was able to to do 14 complete rounds plus 25 mountain climbers. So, close to 15.