- Next they will tell me #eggnog and #rum is bad for me. #BahHumbug Don't eat the raw dough from your Christmas coo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The bad and good of my Double Cash Back credit card. Bad - I spend way too much on #Christmas presents. Good - M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- I just read an email from the #Colts Reminding me to cast my ballot to send my favorite Colts players to the Pro Bo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- Since my white dog doesn't come to work with me, I have come to realize these wiry white hairs stuck in my sweatshi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 4 weeks ago
From losing to living
I am a 41 year old father and husband that want to be in a little better shape. One of my New Year’s resolutions of 2011 was to be able to see a six pack of abs before I hit 40. During the summer of 2011, I thought this 5’6″ old guy could still play basketball with 6′ plus guys that just graduated high school. I tried and ended up with a torn rotator cuff and a torn tendon in my big foot. Not only was I short but, I had to finish the season with one arm and one foot. Talking about feeling old. I had my rotator cuff re-anchored in November. So, my six pack was pretty much beer only and I ended up the heaviest that I have ever been close to 170 pounds. I still have a bum toe but, I am seeing how far my pain can go without getting it surgically repaired.
So, now in February 2012 my work decided to do a Biggest Loser competition. This was my sign to get back to my normal weight. A big thing about me is that I am a tight wad. This competition cost money to enter. I don’t like spending money so; I am in it to win it. I don’t think I will ever have the abs I want but, now I am shooting for no or little love handles.
Update…February 22, 2013
It’s been a while since I was on this page. I did win my competition by losing about 23% of my body weight. I still have a bum toe that I say I am going to get fixed but I like working out too much to try to stay off of it. In December of 2012, I started doing a Kettlebell Bootcamp and I am hooked. So, now I am not so much watching everything I eat. I am eating healthy and exercising.