- If something dies in my car, how long does the dead smell linger? #HypotheticallyMeaning of course. 5 days ago
- Buying gluten free foods because they are healthier and sucking on electric cigarettes might be the 2 dumbest things ever. #PeopleAreStrange 1 week ago
- The only think I don't like about sunny warm spring days...nevermind I'm not that crazy. I love them. #SorryNeighbors #ShirtlessDay 1 week ago
- Have I missed this yet? People seem to cast blame on others. Has President Trump been blamed for the #Marsh stores closing? 2 weeks ago
- My bathroom stall is SO dark, I can't read the phone numbers to call for a good time. 2 weeks ago
From losing to living
Tag Archives: beach
May 7, 2014Posted by on
This will be a back to back post. Two days in a row is a record for me. It got me to thinking of a question. What actually motivates me to run?
- I am stuck in front of my desk all day. I have to get up and move.
- I know it has to be burning some calories.
- Surely, it makes me healthier.
- Sometimes it helps me think.
- Sometimes it helps me NOT think.
- I don’t want to go to lunch and eat “good” but, unhealthy food.
- I like to run in the fun runs that serve beer, wine, chocolate, foam, or mud.
- Most importantly, I am going to the beach in a month. The sun is out and I am very pale. I run to soak up some rays.
What motivates you to run?
March 25, 2013Posted by on
After the 9 inches and counting of snow we are getting here in Indiana, I am ready to head to Florida. What I am not ready for is the 15 to 16 hour drive with three kids. Anyone want to guess how long into the trip the question of “Are we there yet?” gets asked? Like father like kids, their attention span is pretty much non-existent. I just hope that staying with my in-laws in their small condo won’t dampen
my our vacation. Normally, my ideal location in Florida would be a place right on the beach. To get to a beach we will have to drive about an hour. With kids at various ages, I like the freedom of hanging out at the beach but if they get bored we can go back to the condo or pool. We will not have that luxury but, we WILL still have fun.
Another thing I will miss is the local restaurants, the ones on the beach that have fun names and stores where you can buy shirts. I hope to drive to one at least once or twice. I guess the positive thing about that is that I might actually force myself to eat close to normal most of the time.
The retirement community, where we will be, does have a nice exercise room. I am not sure I will have access to it since I will be a guest but, I hope I can use it. I know I will need some time away so, hopefully, it’s the gym and some running.
Whatever happens I get to sport my new swimsuit. It’s a good thing the suit is not the speedo bikini type. I am not sure the retired people would be ok with that but, everyone needs a good laugh and why not laugh at me?
April 17, 2012Posted by on
I know this is way out there and totally different but, hey I am different anyway. My wife and I have decided we are going to take our three kids to the beach this summer for vacation. The kids’ ages range from 4 to 9 years old. When I have gone all I need was my cooler, a pair of shorts, and the beach. Now I have to think of other stuff for the kids (in case they don’t want to lay and drink with dad on the beach). Now here is one of those honest confessions of myself, I have more friends here than in real life. I live in Indiana and don’t want to travel to the west coast. We are trying to keep the drive around 12-13 hours. For my out of the country friends I will forgive you for not having any clue…hehe. Anyone have any suggestions?