- RT @IndyStarSports: Listen up! We’ve got two courtside tickets to Friday night’s #Pacers game to give away, including 2 passes to Lightboun… 2 days ago
- GQ Magazine and People Magazine. Really? Now that is some good #FakeNews 3 days ago
- Thank You! #VeteransDay2017 https://t.co/MHTvA4pV8e 1 week ago
- Alone, I will push Indiana into the top 5 fattest states with this news. Giordano's and Greek's pizza planning Gre… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Weehoo!!!! #TopTen #HoosierPride Indiana ranked 10th fattest state in U.S. theindychannel.com/news/local-new… 1 week ago
From losing to living
Tag Archives: bucket list
May 6, 2014Posted by on
A couple of weekends ago I played in the mud without getting into trouble. I ran the Indiana Spartan Race. This race was about 5 miles of trail running with 20 plus obstacles. The obstacles ranged from jumping over walls to crawling under walls, to belly crawling in slippery mud under barbed wire to climbing a cargo net ladder pyramid. Flipping tires, pulling cinder blocks on a chain, carrying a 30 pound sandbag were a few other obstacles. I also, had to rope climb to a bell about 30 feet in the air. If we failed any obstacle we had to do 30 burpees. It wasn’t about getting the fastest time but, more of pushing myself and being a team player. This was one the best races I have ever been part of. As you can imagine the clean-up was a bit of a chore. First as you might see I was the lone male on my team. Getting dressed back at the car was a bit nerve racking but, I figured if they have seen one, they have seen them all, right? It was a blast we hung out at the car and had a few drinks and talked about the race. We plan on doing more of these.
Also, as a week passed I noticed scrapes and bruises. Here is a good one under my arm.