- #NeverForget twitter.com/ryan_kelly70/s… 2 weeks ago
- #HurricaneIrma2017 VS #HuricaneAndrew1992 #Pray twitter.com/JoelNihlean/st… 2 weeks ago
- Good pick @dannyanderson23. Joy by @MattRandall22 was on point. #yep 3 weeks ago
- In 1988 I would buy my own pre-game breakfast at Waffle House on Fridays. Now HS athletes get 3 or 4 meals catered to them. #BackToTheFuture 3 weeks ago
- Dang it @ShannonSaldana this isn't the first time you hooked me on food https://t.co/lgxGmQZmXx 3 weeks ago
From losing to living
Tag Archives: burpees
May 30, 2013Posted by on
I think I may have talked about this before. When I forget my towel, paper towels come in handy after a workout and a shower at work. I can’t say they come in handy if I forget my underwear. It tends to bunch and bind in the wrong places. What should I do?
WORKOUT OF THE WEEK
4 rounds for time:
25 Double Leg Raises
25 Mountain climbers
25 Russian Twists ( make sure you are touching your hands to the ground each time)
After completing all 4 rounds of the above exercises…50 Burpees
My time was 12:54.6.
March 13, 2013Posted by on
Since The Open of the CrossFit games started last week our coach decided he wanted to use their Workout 13.1 on us. It was slightly modified to incorporate the use of Kettlebells.
17 minute AMRAP of:
20R/20L Snatch, 25 lbs.
20R/20L Snatch, 35 lbs.
20R/20L Snatch, 55 lbs.
Max rep Snatch, 70 lbs.
In the 17 minutes, I was able to get all the way through the 55 lbs. Snatch. I guess I would have failed the CrossFit 2013 number one workout. Anyone with me that Burpees are not very fun?
We ended with 5 minutes of Cleans and Presses then 5 minutes of Abs.
January 25, 2013Posted by on
I am off of work today. One of the things I like about being off is I don’t have to be in a hurry to do everything. For example I have already worked out and showered but, I am in no hurry to get dressed. No one is around to scare so, here I am donning a towel and posting about my Friday.
As mentioned, I worked out this morning. I am in a Kettlebell Bootcamp that meets every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (Saturdays are also open). The session I am in starts at 5:15 am. So, even though I am off work, I still get up bright and early. If I were more camera talented, I would have taken a picture of the workout on the board or maybe even me trying to do the workout but, all you get from me is a list of the workout.
- Warm Up
- Get-ups 1R/1L
- Push ups(10)
- Stations (5 minutes each)
- Pull Ups(5) or Ring Rows(10) – you go I go with a buddy
- Double Kettlebell Squats(5) – you go I go with a buddy
- Weighted Alt Leg Raises(30) or whatever you can get in 40 seconds rest for 20 seconds
- Jump Rope – 40 seconds on 20 seconds off
- Finisher (21 reps first set, 15 reps second set, 9 reps last set)
After that, I decided to run about a mile around the gym while the next Kettlebell Session was warming up. Since I am off work, what the heck..DO IT ALL AGAIN! So, I did it a second time. I like being off work. Now on to my
honey do list which includes shopping for my 14th wedding anniversary gift for my wife. Any suggestions? Then I need to clean the garage. Fun Fun!