- I'm getting smarter and hungry. Both are killing me. #FoodDeliciousScience is a great show I found on #Netflix My… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- When I taste tequila @DanAndShay I think of Mexico. Warm weather, Sun, Beaches. Good thing I'm drinking tequila now… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- This is so true and the way our social society is nowadays. Doesn't mean I have to like it but, if I choose to exis… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Wireless Internet, Wireless Charging, Wireless Headphones, Wireless Bras. I hate technology. #MindBlown 2 weeks ago
- The difference between wanting and achieving is self discipline. I keep looking for mine in the Cap'n Crunch box. #CerealPrize . 2 weeks ago
From losing to living
Tag Archives: quickie
June 19, 2013Posted by on
Another quick post. What can I say, I just like quickies. I am relatively new at this smartphone stuff but, I guess I am getting addicted to it (just put it away on dates!). I recently updated my WordPress app. I am not sure if it’s a new feature or if I have my push notification turned on but, whatever it is, I like it. Now, by a little icon on my phone, I know immediately when I get a comment, a response, a like, or a new follower, etc. It doesn’t take me much to get excited so, beware it may end up with a quick response. Just another way this blogging thing makes me feel like everyone is my extended family. Thanks for all that read and put up with me. Just know I will be chatting back with you in almost real time.
June 8, 2012Posted by on
I just thought I would post a quickie this morning. I leave for the beach tonight. The forecast is rain and thunderstorms. But I have at least one mom trying to fix the weather for me…THANKS! I have been there before when it has rained. It’s usually a downpour and then the sun comes back out. I am crossing my fingers for that.
Every time I take a vacation, I worry about something. Will the van make it? Will the kids not fight? Will I forget something? Where is my rum? yada yada yada! I was up this morning at 3 am. I couldn’t sleep. So, I decided to go running. That makes it 3 days in a row. My back is feeling much better (maybe because I am worried about other things). I put an app on my phone called Noom CardioTrainer. I am high tech now. I always run for a certain amount of time so, I never really know how far I run. This app kept telling me how far I was and it even tracked me as I ran. It plotted my route on a map. It showed me my times for each mile. If I knew how to take a screen shot picture on my android phone I would show you. Anyway, I found out I run about an 8 minute mile. I burned 765 calories. My average speed is a little over 7 mph and I ran 6.6 miles in a little more than 50 minutes. This was all before 5 o’clock this morning. This smart phone is making me feel smart.