- I entered at 155 pounds in the light and exited at 152 pounds in the dark. #SlowReader 2 days ago
- I'm glad I'm not cool enough to be at the #Brickyard400 even though I wish I was. But I'm in bed instead of in traffic now. 4 days ago
- Can @kaseykahne race #phelps and the shark now? 4 days ago
- I'm not watching #TheOpen. I'm watching #ChampionshipOfBags. #Cornhole I can play this in my yard. #practicemakesperfect quitting my job. 5 days ago
- Before you can hate, you have to know what you liked. 1 week ago
From losing to living
Tag Archives: Spartan
May 6, 2014Posted by on
A couple of weekends ago I played in the mud without getting into trouble. I ran the Indiana Spartan Race. This race was about 5 miles of trail running with 20 plus obstacles. The obstacles ranged from jumping over walls to crawling under walls, to belly crawling in slippery mud under barbed wire to climbing a cargo net ladder pyramid. Flipping tires, pulling cinder blocks on a chain, carrying a 30 pound sandbag were a few other obstacles. I also, had to rope climb to a bell about 30 feet in the air. If we failed any obstacle we had to do 30 burpees. It wasn’t about getting the fastest time but, more of pushing myself and being a team player. This was one the best races I have ever been part of. As you can imagine the clean-up was a bit of a chore. First as you might see I was the lone male on my team. Getting dressed back at the car was a bit nerve racking but, I figured if they have seen one, they have seen them all, right? It was a blast we hung out at the car and had a few drinks and talked about the race. We plan on doing more of these.
Also, as a week passed I noticed scrapes and bruises. Here is a good one under my arm.
April 3, 2014Posted by on
Wow. Talk about a long break….Where have I been? I have been here but, lazy. I was looking through the blogs I follow and I think they have all died away as well. It’s funny how that works. I am guessing no one follows me anymore. I wouldn’t blame them. I have been a bump on a log and not writing anything. It’s warming up and I really need to get ready for bikini season. No one wants to see me in a bikini though. I haven’t stopped exercising. I am addicted to it. I am getting ready to run the Spartan Race. That will be a muddy blast. The best thing I have done lately is I went on a 20 mile hike with a weighted ruck (backpack) on. It was fun. Ramble ramble with no aim with this post. I am ready for warmer weather and less layers so I will not have to look like this at the office.